Pumpkin, Corn and Lemongrass Soup with Cilantro Cream

For my 3rd piece of Long Island Cheese Pumpkin, I wanted to make a pumpkin soup. I literally woke up the other morning thinking it would be neat to add some corn into the pumpkin soup - yea, I think about food far too often. I then came across this recipe for Pumpkin, Corn and Lemongrass Soup on Epicurious.com. I LOVED the idea of adding lemongrass... so I tried it.


Not too short after, I came across another recipe that sparked my intrest - Cilantro Cream from my new roots blog. BOY was that an incredible combo with the pumpkin lemongrass soup... Match made in soup heaven. I think this may be my favorite soup I've ever made.


Pumpkin, Corn and Lemongrass Soup
Adapted by Sarah Farsh from epicurious.com
  • 1/4 Long Island Cheese Pumpkin (or butternut squash, about 3 cups), cooked, seeded and peeled.
  • 1 fresh lemongrass stalk, root end trimmed and 2 outer layers discarded
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen organic corn kernels
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 2 tsp honey
  • 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
  • salt to taste
  • 3 cups water
In a VitaMix or high powered blender, blend all ingredients together until very smooth. Strain soup before serving. Top with Cilantro Creme Sauce.

Comments

Popular Posts