Vegan Basil Cream Pasta Bowls
by Sarah Farsh August 2nd, 2014
- bean pasta, I used Explore Asian Organic Mung Bean Fettuchini
- roasted veggies of choice, I used brussle sprouts and butternut squash
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup plain almond milk, and maybe an extra splash!
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves raw garlic
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- a big handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp herbes de provence
- salt/pepper to taste
Roast off your veggies of choice. Meanwhile, boil water for pasta, cook pasta and drain. To make sauce, place cashews, almond milk, garlic cloves, nutritional yeast, rice wine vinegar, basil leaves, herbs de provence, salt and pepper into VitaMix or high powered blender and blend all ingredients together until it turns into a cream. Set up your pasta bowls by starting with a layer of pasta, roasted veggies, and drizzle basil cream on top. Add fresh basil for garnish!