Note: Be careful when transferring the entire mixture into the baking sheet... I lost half my quiche in this process! And this mess was not fun to clean up...
Vegan Kookoo Sabzi
by Sarah Farsh May 10, 2014
- 1 bag frozen, chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried fenegriek (if you can find this herb, it's easily found in a middle eastern market, but this recipe is just as good without it.)
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 packs organic extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder or 1 clove garlic
Dry sauté onions, spinach, parsley and fenegriek together, adding splashes of veggie broth as needed to deglaze. Add turmeric, tamari, salt and pepper and continue sautéing. Meanwhile, blend tofu, vinegar, almond milk, nutritional yeast, kosher salt, and garlic all together until smooth to create tofu "egg" mixture. Poor "egg" mixture into pan with spinach and onions, and mix well over low heat, just enough to combine all ingredients together well. Carefully poor entire mixture into a non-stick pan and bake for 35 - 40 minutes on 350.