Chickpea Salad

I got inspired to whip up some chickpea salad after stumbling across Susan Voisin's Chickpea Salad recipe in my news feed. I haven't decided if my version tastes more like egg salad, or potato salad... but it's perfect for sandwiches, or to scoop on top of a bed of greens. Did I mention it only takes minutes to make? 



Chickpea Salad
Inspired by Susan Voisin of Fat Free Vegan Kitchen
  • 1 can unsalted chickpeas, drained
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1/4 cup parsley, minced
  • 1 pickle, minced (or 1 tbsp relish)
  • 1 shallot, minced
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • pinch of cumin
  • pinch of cyan
  • 1 tbsp tahini
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp rice wine vinigar
  • pinch of salt and pepper
In a bowl, mash up chickpeas with a fork. Add in all other ingredients and spices, and mix well. *Tastes even better the next day!


Comments

Popular Posts