Dear Miranda, I'm dedicating this recipe to your love for Queso.
Vegan Cashew Queso "Cheese"
by Sarah Farsh February 10, 2013
- 1 cup raw cashews (soak in water overnight if you don't have a VitaMix)
- 2 tbsp raw, organic tahini
- 1 pickled red bell pepper (optional)
- 1 jalapeno (leave out if your a baby that can't take the heat)
- 1 large garlic clove or 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 4 tbsp veggie stock or vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- pinch salt
In a VitaMix or high powered blender, blend all ingredients together until really smooth. If you have a VitaMix, you can continue to blend on high for 2min if you'd like your Queso warm.