World's Best Veggie Burger

I'm not very big into veggie burgers.. I never really was. I prefer eating a sandwich loaded with actual veggies instead of eating a rubbery veggie patty, that's been processed to taste absolutely nothing like a real burger. Don't get me wrong, I think they are a convenient filler to a sandwich when you don't have much time and are really hungry. So that's why I usually have a box of veggie burgers in my freezer - that don't go anywhere fast... Until now.


I recently came across a veggie burger that's new to me called "The World's Best Veggie Burger" by Hilary's Eat Well. Reading the label didn't sell it to me... In my head I laughed and was like, "yea-right." But after flipping to the back of the package to look over the ingredients, I was intrigued. This product is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, corn free, yeast free, egg free and nut free. The base of the veggie burger is whole millet and quinoa - there's even some spinach in the mix. No crap, just pure goodness - so I took it home.

I baked The World's Best Veggie Burger in the oven for about 15min on 350 and served it on sprouted grain toast with lettuce, tomato, onion, jalapeno and avocado. I cut the sandwich in a diagonal (fancy), and for the first time, truly loved a veggie burger sandwich. The patty is crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside and bursting with flavor. This veggie burger tastes nothing like a processed, wanna be beef burger - it just tastes like its yummy self.  


Comments

Popular Posts