Minty Beet Salad

I was shopping at the farm for my fruits and veggies trying to decide what to cook for dinner. For some reason, fresh beets caught my eye... along with some aromatic fresh mint. I thought the two would make a great match - and I was right. 


(I served this salad with roasted red potatoes and portobello mushroom steaks.)


Minty Beet Salad with Tahini Lemon Dressing
by Sarah Farsh June 3, 2012
  • 6 fresh beets, cooked well, peeled and chilled
  • 1 1/2 cup chopped parsley
  • 1/2 cup chopped mint
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
  • 2 tbsp tahini paste
  • 2 lemons, juiced
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
  • pinch cumin
  • pepper to taste
In a large bowl, toss beets, parsley, mint and onion together. In a small bowl, whisk tahini, lemon juice, lime juice, vinegar and cumin together well. Poor dressing on top of beet salad and toss well. You can serve immediately; but it tastes even better marinated the next day. 


Comments

Popular Posts