101 Wednesday: Gluten Free, Vegan Pie Crust

In this video, I demonstrate how I make my gluten free, vegan pie crust. I use this pie crust for my tarts, pies and dessert casseroles. It works best if you have a pie or tart pan that has a removable bottom like this one. You can easily enjoy this pie crust raw just by skipping the baking step. I hope you enjoy this crust and have fun filling it!


Gluten Free, Vegan Pie Crust
by Sarah Farsh April 11, 2012

  • 2 cups raw almonds
  • 4 tbsp pressed dates or date paste
  • 2 tbsp steal cut oats (or 2 additional tbsp of almonds)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened organic soy milk (or non dairy milk of choice)
Pre heat oven to 350 (optional if baking). In VitaMix, blend ingredients together using plunger, until smooth. Scoop out dough into a tart pan or pie crust and spread out evenly with wet hands or spoon. Bake for 20min if you are cooking, or refrigerate if enjoying raw.

Vegan Chocolate Mousse - Engine 2 Diet
recipe from The Engine 2 Diet by Rip Esselstyn
  • 1 package silken soft tofu
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup (more or less to taste)
This is the mouse I filled my pie crust with. Top with fresh fruit of choice, I use bananas in this demonstration. Keep pie cooled.




Comments

Popular Posts