This veggie forward soup makes getting ready for summer hearty and YUMMY! Rich in nutrients and phytochemicals; no added oils and packed with flavor. You can make a big pot and freeze Ziplock's of lunch sized portions for fast, easy and healthy lunches on the run. Enjoy!
Because Summers Coming!
Smokin' Hot Skinny Summer Soup
by Sarah Farsh March 13, 2018
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 2 cups Japanese yams (or potato of choice), cubed
- 2 cups zucchini squash noodles
- 1 cup zucchini chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 32oz Engine 2 Low Sodium Veggie Stock
- 2 cups Pomi Chopped Tomatoes
- Jalapeño peppers (as much as you can handle)
- 8oz cannellini beans w/ juice
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 bunch purple kale
- Italian seasoning or make your own: 2 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 2 tbsp dried parsley 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp paprika, salt/pepper to taste
In a large soup pot, dry saute onions, add potatoes and spices - splash veggie broth as needed so veggies don't stick to pan. Saute onions and potatoes on high for a few minutes to get juices flowing, add carrots, zucchini, crushed tomatoes, lemon, veggie broth, jalapeños, beans w/ bean juice, and zucchini noodles. Let simmer about 15min and add purple kale 2 minutes before serving. Serve straight up or with warm french baguette! Really yummy w/ nutritional yeast sprinkled on top!