Helen, my Italian girlfriend schooled me when I mistakenly called my long thin strands of zucchini noodles “zoodles”. Clearly, they are in the shape of spaghetti. So from this day forward, they’ll rightfully be called “zaghetti”. Molto Buono!
Zucchini Spaghetti with Cashew Kale Pesto, Garnet Yams and Eggplant
by Sarah Farsh September 13th, 2016
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped kale (I used frozen)
- 5-6 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup veggie broth or unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 lemon, juiced – zest for garnish
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4-5 organic zucchini, sliced through spiralizer (noodle shape)
- 1 garnet yam, cubed and roasted
- 3 indian eggplants, sliced in 1/4” thick rounds (salt/pepper/oregano)
In food processor or blender, combine all kale pesto ingredients together to create sauce. Heat up a large pan or wok with coconut oil, add zaghetti and kale pesto. Sauté lightly using tongs so that you don’t break the noodles. Meanwhile, on a separate pan lightly fry the eggplant slices and season with salt/pepper/oregano. Plate up starting with zaghetti, eggplant slices and roasted yam cubes!