Don’t be shy, this bowl of zucchini noodles tastes just as fine as she looks. Mixing cauliflower into the cashew cream sauce cuts the fat in half, and bumps up your veggie load. I served her with caramelized onions, shrooms and roasted grape tomatoes. Enjoy!
Zoodles with Creamy Cashew Cauliflower Alfredo
by Sarah Farsh August 12, 2016 - Serves 6
Cashew Cauliflower Cream:
- 1/2 cup raw organic cashews
- 1 bag frozen organic cauliflower (or about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup plain almond milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tsp agave
- 2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg (no more than 1/2 tsp)
- 10 medium size zucchinis, spiralized like noodles (I used a hand spiralizer)
- 2 heaping cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Sautéed onions and mushrooms – with coconut oil, salt, pepper
- Roasted red grape tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Fresh lemon zest
- Vegan parmigiano grated topping
Have a friend help you spiralize your zoodles like I did, while you put your tomatoes in the oven to roast, and sauté onions and mushrooms. Meanwhile, warmup cauliflower slightly in zapper or a pot – just to defrost. Place all cashew cauliflower cream ingredients in VitaMix or high powered blender, blend until creamy and smooth.
Warm up a large pot with 1 tsp coconut oil. Add zoodles and spinach to pot, and poor cashew cauliflower cream on top. Mix well and only cook for 5 minutes, so that everything blends together and gets warm but doesn’t cook or get mushy. Mix the noodles very lightly so that they don’t mush up – I use plastic thongs to mix and serve.
Plate zoodle spinach sauce mixture with your garnish and enjoy!