Did you know that you can eat veggies like sweet potatoes, zucchini or beets, totally raw like chips? They are so yummy to dip into guacamole or hummus, and all you need is a knife :)
Tuesday, July 26, 2016
Monday, July 25, 2016
This homemade, veggie packed pasta primavera sauce is delicious even on it's own. You can top it on a plate of gluten-free rice or bean pasta like I did, or on quinoa, rice or to fill baked potatoes with. If you make a big pot, you can pack left over individual portions in freezer safe zip-lock bags for quick lunches or dinners in the future.
Veggie Lover Pasta Primavera
by Sarah Farsh July 25, 2016
- 15 oz can 365 Everyday Value Organic Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 sweet vidalia onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp good red wine
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 organic green zucchini, cubed
- 1 organic red bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1 organic green bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1 cup portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen organic green peas
- 1-2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1-2 tsp agave nectar
- rice or bean pasta of choice
- black olives for garnish
In a large pot, saute onions in coconut oil until caramelized. Add garlic, red wine, eggplant, zucchini, peppers, mushrooms and mix well, cooking on medium heat so veggies marinate together. Add tomato sauce when veggies start to get softer. Add spices: salt, pepper, basil, thyme and agave, mix well and cook on low for 15 min with lid on. Meanwhile, boil water and cook pasta following directions on package. Lastly, add green peas to pasta sauce - you don't want them to overcook or become mushy. Give the sauce final stirs and love, top on pasta and enjoy.
Sunday, July 24, 2016
This super easy and quick acai bowl is a perfect start to a happy day. I love to have a power bowl like this before a big workout for a jump start. Enjoy!
Happy Acai Bowl
by Sarah Farsh July 24, 2016
- 1 bag Sambazon Frozen Organic Acai
- 1 - 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup frozen black cherries
- 1 tbsp raw sprouted almond butter
- 1 tsp raw cacao nibs
- 1 tsp manuka honey (or maple syrup if you're vegan)
- 1 tsp unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- sprinkle of hemp seeds
- sliced bananas
In VitaMix or high powered blender, blend acai, almond milk, spinach and cherries. Blend the mixture quickly on high speed using the blender plunger so it quickly freezes into sorbet, and doesn't melt.
Scoop out frozen mixture into a bowl and top w remaining ingredients. Enjoy right away!