Shashito Peppers with Toasted Sesame & Smoked Salt

Anytime I see shashito peppers on a menu at a restaurant, I always order them. I don't see them everywhere so it's special when I do. I've never thought to make them at home until I found them fresh in the produce section and though I'd give them a try. They are CRAZY easy to make and taste just as good as when I get them at restaurants. They are a perfect little tapa to serve with cocktails or wine night with friends where cooking isn't the main focus. It takes minutes to saute and they are a crowd-wower. Perfect little snack to offer guests when you want to spend less time in the kitchen.


Shashito Peppers with Toasted Sesame & Smoked Shaved Salt
  • 1 pint fresh shashito peppers
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp sesame seeds
  • pinch kosher salt
  • 2 tsp smoked salt flakes
In a large non-stick fry pan, heat up olive oil and add shashito peppers, sesame seeds and pinch kosher salt. Saute on high heat for 5 - 10 minutes and keep tossing until all sides are lightly brown. Top with smoked salt or specialty salt of choose. You can eat the whole pepper besides the stem. 

Comments

  1. This is actually good to read content of this blog. A is very general and huge knowledgeable platform has been known by this blog. I in reality appreciate this blog to have such kind of educational knowledge. Special Diets 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts