Berries and Greens Smoothie Bowl
by Sarah Farsh April 20, 2015
- 1 1/2 cup frozen fruit of choice (I used a mixture of frozen berries and mango)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp protein powder
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- Fresh banana pieces, to top
- Sprinkle of your favorite granola
- Drizzle of all natural berry syrup, jam or maple syrup.
In a VitaMix or high powered blender, blend together frozen fruit, spinach, protein powder and orange juice. You'll need to use your masher to mash the ingredients into the blades quickly, before the ingredients melt. Scoop out (should be like a sorbet consistency) and top with bananas, granola and berry syrup. This bowl should be served right away. If you want to travel with it, make sure it's packed in a cooler back with an ice pack.