If you don't eat eggs, you can still enjoy by keeping that part out. The wild mushrooms, potatoes and parsley are so flavorful together that you won't miss a thing. Of course, a poached egg on top will make this dish seducing.
Wild Mushrooms, Sweet Potato and Parsley
February 1, 2015
- 1 LB fresh mixed wild mushrooms (shiitake, crimini, oyster)
- 1 TBL fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp good white wine
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into bite sized strips (I used white Japanese)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 organic eggs, poached (optional)
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
Dry saute garlic and add splash of vegetable broth. Add mushrooms, thyme, salt, pepper and wine and bring to a simmer. Add in potatoes, stir, and cover pan. Cook until potatoes are soften, about 15 - 20 minutes on medium/low heat. Stir occasionally. Once cooked, add parsley and serve with optional poached egg on top.