For this recipe, I simply sauteed sweet onion, shiitake mushrooms, and lacinato kale together, cooked the bean pasta and added into the veggie pan, then topped with my kale pesto.
Greens and Beans: Black Bean Pasta with Kale Pesto
by Sarah Farsh February 1st, 2014
- 1/2 vidalia onion, diced
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp Bragg's liquid aminos (or tamari or soy sauce)
- 2 sun dried tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 bunch lacinato kale, chiffonade (about 1 heaping cup)
- juice of one really juicy lemon
- 1/2 cup kale pesto
- 1 pack Explore Asian Organic's Black Bean Pasta, cooked
In a large pan, dry saute onions and add mushrooms, kale, sun dried tomatoes, liquid aminos and lemon. Meanwhile, bring water to a boil and cook pasta, drain and add into mushrooms and onions pan immediately, poor Kale Pesto on top and saute gently. Top with nutritional yeast for a nice "cheesey" kick.