The yummy sweet chili sauce really completes this dish. You can amp up this stir fry with even more veggies like peppers, spinach, mushrooms... You name it! But I decided to keep it super simple using only whatever I already had in the kitchen.
Here's a little secret, I always keep my freezer stocked with flash frozen organic veggies, they are just as good for you as fresh veggies and contain the same nutrients and photochemicals. Of course, when I have extra time, I prefer using fresh.
So here you have it.
Vegan Veggie Stir Fry with Fire Roasted Corn and Sweet Chili Sauce
by Sarah Farsh December 6th, 2013
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 bag organic broccoli florets, 365 Everyday Value® from Whole Foods Market
- 3 cups frozen Fire Roasted Corn, 365 Everyday Value® from Whole Foods Market
- 1/2 pack rice noodles of choice, I used brown rice noodles
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce (found in Asian section, Sambal Oelek)
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- splash water
In a large skillet, dry saute onions. Add frozen broccoli and corn and saute until cooked, about 7 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together almond butter, tamari, chili garlic sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic powder, sesame oil, honey and water well. Set aside. Boil a pot of water and cook rice noodles as directed - be careful not to over cook or let sit for too long, they get mushy easily. Once rice noodles are just about cooked, drain and add to veggie stir fry. Poor dressing on top and lightly saute until combined. Told you it was easy.