A wonderful autumn dish, exploding with colors and flavors. You can keep this dish vegan by leaving the cheese out, it's still really tasty.
Roasted Butternut Squash with Baby Kale, Pepitas and Maple Basil Vinaigrette
by Sarah Farsh November 28, 2013
- 1 whole butternut squash, skinned, seeded, cubed. (about 3 cups)
- 3 tbsp pepita seeds (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (optional, for roasting squash)
- 2 cups baby kale leaves
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp basil infused olive oil
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar glaze
- 2 tbsp good balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp herbes de provence
- salt/pepper to taste
- feta cheese crumbles (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 375 degreese. Toss butternut squash cubes, coconut oil, pepita seeds and salt together in a glass pyrex dish. Roast squash for 45 - 55 minutes, checking every 20 minutes and shaking up pan so all sides cook well. Let squash cool. Add kale leaves and raisins and toss. Wisk together basil infused olive oil, maple syrup, balsamic glaze, balsamic vinegar, herbes de provence and salt/pepper together to create dressing. Poor dressing on top of squash and kale, add feta cheese if you choose and serve at room temperature.