This soup is really easy to create and delicious on a cool autumn day.
Kabocha White Bean Miso Soup
by Sarah Farsh November 13, 2013
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 sheet of raw, organic nori, chopped
- 1/2 kabocha squash, seeded and diced (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms of choice, sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp miso (more or less to taste)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can organic white cannellini beans
- 4 cups water (more or less depending how much soup you want)
In a large soup pot, dry saute onions. Add nori and kabocha squash, mix and put top on pot, cook on medium heat for 5 - 10 minutes. Add mushrooms, spices and water and cook until boiling. Check to see if squash is cooked, should be able to stick a fork into it easily. Cook a little longer if needed. Lower heat to simmer and add lemon juice, miso and canellini beans. Top with fresh cilantro, avocado and sriracha!