It's that time of the month, where I'm craving sweets... and pancakes.
Today I woke up wanting warm cherry sauce, dripping on top of fresh pancakes.
So that's what I made – my own healthy version of course.
Although they look they are soaking in a sweet deadly blood bath, they are super healthy for you, low in fat, and high in protein. They also take minutes to make. Enjoy now, thank me later.
by Sarah Farsh August 24th, 2013
- 1/4 cup medium grind, organic cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, or nondairy milk of choice (you may have to add a little more)
- splash of water as needed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup frozen dark red cherries