Black Beans, Corn and Quinoa

Almost every night, before I go to sleep, I prepare my breakfast and lunch for the next morning.

Unless I've made dinner the night before and have leftovers... I'll usually enjoy a loaded Chia Seed Pudding for breakfast, and a large salad with yummy fixings for lunch. I'll also pack some fruit to snack on throughout the day.


I try to make it a point to switch up my salads, so that they are always special. One part that usually remains the same is a huge bed of greens. From there, my toppings can vary from black beans, roasted corn, avocado, peppers, pickled jalapeños, garbanzo beans, quinoa, brown rice, sprouts, grilled eggplant, or whatever other veggies I'm in the mood for.

For tomorrows lunch, I'm going to have my salad greens with Black Beans and Quinoa. Yummy.



Black Beans and Quinoa
by Sarah Farsh July 1st, 2013
  • 1/2 cup quinoa
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tsp miso paste
  • 1 can unsalted black beans (drained)
  • 1/2 cup organic frozen fire roasted corn (Whole Foods Market)
  • pinch cumin, coriander and garlic powder 
In a small pot, bring water to a boil. Turn heat off after boiling, and add dry quinoa and miso paste, stir well. Put a lid on top of pot, and keep covered for 10min. Stir, and cover again for additional 10min. Water should be absorbed by quinoa by that time. Add can of beans (drained), corn and seasoning.

Comments

Popular Posts