Sausage, Peppers and Onions

Sausage!? Huh!? What!? Yeah. Sometimes, I eat a little bit of meat. If/when I do eat meat, it's more like a garnish in my dish, and never the main coarse. It's very rare that I do partake in animal products - but every now and then, I'll conform. For whatever reason, I was craving good old fashioned sausage and peppers - I used one link of Antibiotic Free, Free-Ranged, Turkey Sausage for 4 servings of this dish... You can easily keep the sausage out and still enjoy, or substitute with a meat alternative. 



Sausage and Peppers with Rice
Inspired by Mama Ellie's One Pot Wonder: Sausage and Peppers
  • 1 spicy Italian sausage link
  • 1 red bell pepper, seeded, sliced
  • 1 green bell pepper, seeded, sliced
  • 1 yellow onion, sliced
  • 1 jalapeno (leave out if you're a baby)
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • garnish with fresh cilantro
  • serve with brown rice
Preheat oven to 450. In a large bowl, toss sausage, peppers, onions, jalapeno, garlic, salt and pepper together well. Poor sausage and pepper mixture into a glass Pyrex dish or a lined cookie sheet and bake for 15-20min until cooked.

Comments

Popular Posts