I can eat this sauce straight out of the jar... with a spoon... it's that good. If you want to get your hands on some of Carlos's special sauce, check out his website for locations.
Zucchini and Portobello Lasagna featuring Jersey Italian Gravy
by Sarah Farsh February 20, 2013
- 3-4 zucchinis, thinley sliced vertically
- 3 portobello mushroom caps, diced
- 1 jar Jersey Italian Gravy
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (I used frozen)
- 2 tbsp tamari (or braggs liquid aminos)
Preheat oven to 375. Lightly coat the bottom of a medium sized baking dish with 2 tbsp Jersey Italian Gravy. Lay out one layer of zucchini slices on top of sauce, add mushrooms, more sauce, quinoa, tamari and Cashew Ricotta Cheese. Continue to layer in this order, ending with "cheese" on top. Bake in oven, uncovered for 30-35min.
Cashew Ricotta Cheese
- 3 cups raw cashews
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp oregano
- splash water
In VitaMix or high powered blender, blend all ingredients together until chunky.