Sun Dried Tomato Hummus

Hummus is one of those things I always have ready in my refrigerator. The only time it's not in my refrigerator is when I'm blending up a new batch. One of my favorite combinations for hummus is this version, using sun dried tomatoes. It's a perfect snack for on the go with cucumber slices, or smeared onto a wrap stuffed with fresh sprouts and veggies.


Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
by Sarah Farsh February 13, 2013

  • 1 can organic, unsalted chickpeas (save a little bit of the soaking liquid)
  • 2 tbsp raw, organic tahini
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1/4 cup dried, sun dried tomatoes (not in a jar of oil)
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • salt/pepper to taste
In VitaMix or high powered blender, add (in order) sun dried tomatoes, garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice and spices. Blend from low to high until creamy. Add in soaking liquid from chickpeas if you like your hummus more smooth/creamy, and less liquid if you like it thicker.

Comments

Popular Posts