I always have a pantry filled with canned beans (unsalted), some all natural/low sodium veggie soups and a large assortment of frozen veggies in the freezer. I decided to make a really quick soup combining a can of beans, Amy's Organic Low Fat Vegetable Barley Soup, frozen kale and frozen shiitake mushrooms. Whole Foods Market carries a large selection of frozen veggies at really reasonable prices – check for their 365 Everyday Value™ brand. Of course, I always prefer to use fresh veggies - but frozen veggies are just as nutritious and tasty if you don't have time for chopping/prepping.
Feel free to use this concept of mixing canned soups and veggies to make up your own variety. *please read the ingredients carefully when choosing your canned soup, and make sure there's no crap in it.
Soup in Minutes
by Sarah Farsh January 24, 2013
- 1 can Amy's Organic Low Fat Vegetable Barley Soup
- 1 can 365 Everyday Value™ unsalted, black beans in water
- 1 cup 365 Everyday Value™ frozen shiitaki mushrooms
- 2 cup 365 Everyday Value™ chopped frozen green kale
- 1 cup water
- many splashes of your favorite hot sauce (keep out if you're a baby)
In a soup pot, combine all ingredients together and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 min after boil, and enjoy!