Butternut Squash Burritos

I was inspired to make these burritos after stumbling across Angela's post from Oh She Glows.
Her recipe looked super yummy, and I was super hungry. I'm still getting used to my new working schedule, and I can now finally sympathies with those of you who say, "I just don't have time to cook." Well guess what, I'm still dedicated to find time to cook something healthy and nutritious even when I am pressed on time. In this case, I used frozen and pre-packed veggies to make this yummy meal super quick – cuz ain't nobody got time for that!



That's what I call eating the freakin' rainbow.

Stuffins: sprouts, jalapenos (w seeds, thank you very much),
tomatoes, cilantro and avocado.

Leftovers on top of a bed of salad - plus black beans.

Quick Butternut Squash Burritos 
inspired by Angela of Oh She Glows
  • 1 yellow onion, diced
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 small red or orange bell peppers, diced
  • 1 bag Whole Foods Market, frozen butternut squash chunks
  • 1 bag frozen, leftover, or 3 cups freshly cooked, quinoa
  • 2 heaping handfuls pre-washed and chopped kale
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp turmeric
  • many splashes of your most favorite hot sauce (I used Cholula's)
  • splash veggie stock
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • stone ground whole wheat tortillas
  • toppings: avocado, canned black beans, jalapenos, sprouts, tahini dressing, tomatoes, and cilantro.
In a large saute pan, dry saute onions. Add in garlic, bell peppers, and butternut squash. Saute until caramelized (approximately 7-10min.) Add in quinoa and a couple splashes of veggie stock to get things moving around in pan. Add in all spices including hot sauce. Lastly, add in kale and cook for a few more minutes. Serve up in a burrito wrap with your favorite toppings. Enjoy on top of a bed of salad for left overs. 

Comments

Popular Posts