You wont feel bad double dipping into this creamy bowl of goodness.
Half the fat of regular guacamole, plus a boost of protein
It's good stuff that's good for you.
by Sarah Farsh September 23, 2012
Makes a lot.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup cooked chick peas (unsalted if canned)
- half of a large juicy tomato
- 1/2 of a sweet onion
- juice of 3 very juicy limes
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper (keep our if your a baby)
- 4 garlic cloves
- pinch of red chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
In Vitamix or food processor, blend all ingredients together until smooth. You can also make this guac the old fashioned way, in a mortal and pistol. Enjoy with fresh slices of cool cucumber, baby carrot sticks or baked whole grain pita chips. It's also delicious to spread into a wrap, then fill with fresh veggies for a perfect lunch to go.