Busy Lady

I've been realyyyy busy lately with a bunch of new dance classes, performances and the holiday season at work. Some of my days during the week have been starting at 6:30am and end by 9:00pm - working all the way through. I'm not complaining! I actually love being this busy; but it does take away my time in the kitchen.

Being so busy also makes it very easy to get off track and make poor decisions with your food choices. The key to staying on track is discipline, planning ahead, and having healthy options at your reach. It's important to stock your kitchen with ready-to-go items that you enjoy; and are quick to put together.

Here are some of my must haves when I don't have time to cook:

  • 1lb ready pack mesclun salad
  • 1/2 lb bag arugula
  • 1/2 lb bag baby spinach
  • sprouts
  • whole grain or whole wheat tortillas
  • unsalted canned beans (in case you don't have time to cook your own)
  • Hilary's Eat Well Veggie Burgers (cook in toaster & throw into wraps or salads)
  • fresh, pure almond butter
  • bananas
  • tangerines
  • raw nuts
  • avocados
  • tomatoes
  • oil free hummus (it's best if you make your own in advance)
  • oil free dressing (tahini, balsamic or avocado based)
Having these essentials allows me to whip together lunch or dinner in minutes. I can make things like wraps stuffed with salad and hummus spread, a huge bowl of salad with beans and sprouts, almond butter and banana wraps for breakfast, or a green smoothie meal replacement!



Now you know what my must haves are when I'm on the move, what are some of yours?

Comments

Popular Posts