Linguine and Veggies with Red Lentil Sauce

If this recipe sounds familiar to you, that means you've been stalking me for a while now.. and I'm truly flattered! I posted a recipe for Red Lentil Sauce with Artichokes and Pasta a while ago - I really loved it. So when I was given Swiss Chard, Summer Squash and Snap Peas from my CSA this week, I decided to make it again using my local organic veggies.



And I still loved it.

I did one thing in this recipe that I never do. I added some olive oil. It was very very little - only about a teaspoon for this entire pot. It was used for flavor and wasn't just any kind of oil.. I used basil infused olive oil from France. Let's get real - if I'm going to use oil, it's gonna be damn good. If you wanna get your hands on some of this, you'll have to take a trip to France or have a friend in Paris who will hand deliver this magical stuff to you in the states :)


Linguine and Veggies with Red Lentil Sauce
Recipe adapted from www.wholefoodsmarket.com
Follow the recipe at wholefoodsmarket.com and feel free to make my changes. Please note that this recipe does not re-heat very well, so it's best to serve immediately:
  • I added 1 tsp red chili flakes
  • I used brown rice linguine noodles instead of whole wheat.
  • replace artichoke and spinach with: 4 summer squash (chopped), 1 cup snap peas (chopped), 1 bunch swiss chard (chopped). Dry saute veggies together with a teaspoon of magical basil olive oil (optional). Toss veggies lightly with pasta and lentil sauce.

Comments

Popular Posts