Millet Tabouli Salad
by Sarah Farsh June 15, 2012
makes a lot of salad...
- 1 cup uncooked millet
- 2 1/2 cups veggie stock (or water)
- 2 bunches parsley
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, diced in half
- 1 large persian cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 jalapinios, diced (keep out if your a baby)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 juciy lemons, juiced
In a medium sized pot, combine veggie stock or water with millet and bring to a boil. Once pot starts to boil, lower heat to medium/low and cook with lid on for 5min - do not remove lid. After 15min, uncover lid and fluff lightly with a fork. Cover pot again for additional 5 minutes and then remove from heat. Combine all veggies together in a large bowl and gently toss in millet. Serve chilled.