Sangria Flora

The other night my dear friend Gerry came over for dinner and drinks. I cooked my Coconut Curry for dinner and served Sangria Flora cocktails. I came across this sangria recipe at work while Ellie was flipping though the latest Edible Jersey Magazine. This sangria features St. Germain - which
Ellie introduced me to a few years ago. St. Germain is a sweet elderflower liqueur made in France - do I need to say more!? It's perfect for mixing into wine or spritzers for a burst of flavor.  So I guess you can just blame Ellie for this not-so-healthy post.


But seriously, if your going to drink a cocktail, this one is not the worst thing you can drink... it's loaded with fresh fruits! St. Germain even made special spoon straws to make sure you eat your fruits at the end. Now that I sound like an alcoholic, heres the recipe:

Sangria Flora
Edible Jersey Magazine, Summer 2012
  • 1 bottle Sauvignon Blanc or Dry White Wine
  • 1 cup St Germain
  • 1 yellow peach, diced
  • 1 white peach, diced
  • 5 fresh strawberries, diced
  • 6 fresh raspberries
  • 1 handfull fresh green grapes
Stir ingredients in a pitcher or carafe - I used a flower vase because I had neither and it worked just fine. Soak for 15 min. Ladle liquid and fruits into an ice-filled glass. ***If you don't consume alcohol, you can enjoy this beverage by replacing wine with seltzer, and the St. Germain with pomegranate juice or fruit juice of choice. Then add 1 tbsp rose water. ***




Comments

Popular Posts