Zucchini Squash and Cauliflower Curry

This week I slacked and missed my 101 Wednesday session, I'm sorry for that. Instead, I played with Minou and taught her how to play the iPad cat game.


I didn't play with Minou every free chance I had after work... I try to continue my life as I would before we got Minou so that I don't turn into a cat lady. The other night, I went to my aunt Rebecca's house for dinner. Rebecca is an incredible cook and is famous for her roasted chicken. It's seriously the greatest roasted chicken ever. The very rare occations that I eat animal protien, I make a small exception for a few bites of her chicken. The other night when I went over for dinner, she created a vegetarian dish that was super tasty. She made a Zucchini and Cauliflower Curry in what seemed like 5 minutes flat.

Because I've been pressed on time this week (not playing with Minou), I decided to try recreating her delicious one pot wonder.


Zucchini Squash and Cauliflower Curry
adapted from my aunt, Rebecca Nazar
  • 1 head cauliflower, floret
  • 1 head broccoli, floret 
  • 4 zucchini squash, cut into half circles
  • 1 yellow onion, diced
  • 28oz. can organic diced tomatoes
  • 6oz. can organic tomato paste
  • 2 tbsp curry powder
  • 1 tsp red chili flakes
  • 1 tsp mustard seeds
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 3 cups vegetable stock 
In a large pot, dry saute onions and add in cauliflower, broccoli and zucchini. Stir well and add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, curry powder, mustard seeds, chili flakes and cumin. Stir well and add vegetable stock. Cook for minimum of 20min or as long as desired. Serve with brown rice or grain of choice. 


Comments

Popular Posts