Watercress Orange Kiwi Smoothie


I know yesterday I said that my favorite smoothie was my chocolate cherry almond kale smoothie, but can't I have two favorites?!


Watercress is another one of those super greens, scoring at 1,000 in ANDI
, (aggregated nutrient density index) along with kale and collards.

For one batch, I use half a bunch of watercress, as shown above.
This is a really crisp and refreshing smoothie, I think orange and watercress is a match made in heaven. Feel free to use more juice instead of water if you prefer a sweeter taste. I have also made this smoothie with frozen mangos instead of bananas, and I think it comes our even better. We never happen to have mangos in the freezer because Zach eats them all before I ever get to use any. The frozen bananas work just as well.


Watercress Orange Kiwi Smoothie
By Sarah Farsh March 9, 2012
Serves 2

1/2 bunch watercress
1 cub baby spinach
1 frozen banana
1 whole kiwi, skin on
1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1 cup water
1/2 lemon, juiced

In VitaMix or high powered blended, blend all ingredients until smooth.

Comments

Popular Posts