Loaded Veggie Pizza in VT

Zach and I went to Vermont for a winter end getaway. There isn't much else to do here in VT besides snowboarding, cooking and relaxing. I'm loving every second of it.


I'm writing this post on my iPhone because there is no wifi anywhere. I love that Internet isn't so accessible here, it really gets me to disconnect and enjoy here and now. It's just not so great for my blog..

When I booked our 7 day stay, I made it a requirement to have a kitchen. That was most important to me. I ruffly planned out our meals for the whole trip so we could bring our groceries with us. I was worried I went overboard with the groceries, but once we arrived and I set up the kitchen in our cozy condo, I felt relived that we came so prepared. I even brought my Vitamix :)



For our first night, I made loaded veggie pizza.


Zach thinks its more of a casserole, and he's right.. It pretty much is. Feel free to use your own variety of veggies for your topping. Also, it would work out much better if you use a pizza stone instead of a pyrex dish - but a pyrex was all we had.



Loaded Veggie Pizza
By Sarah Farsh March 7, 2012

1 pack whole wheat pizza dough
1 onion, sliced
1/2 eggplant, sliced and peeled
1 zucchini, sliced
1 pack baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
5 cloves garlic
5 mini bell peppers, sliced
1 head broccoli, chopped
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1 tbsp chili flakes (keep out of your a baby)
1 can tomato sauce
1 cup olive, pitted and sliced
Sprinkle non dairy vegan cheese (optional)
Olive oil spray

Preheat oven to 375. Lightly spray a pyrex dish or pizza stone with olive oil. In large sauté pan, cook onion, eggplant, garlic, bell peppers, broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, spinach and chili flakes. Cook on medium heat for 15min, using water or veggie stock if anything sticks to pan. Roll and press pizza dough into pyrex. Coat top of dough w tomato sauce. Add sautéed veggies on top. Add basil and olives on top and bake for 45min.

Comments

Popular Posts